Families Currently Enrolled at Warren-Walker School
In order for us to better serve all financial assistance applicants we have revised our application procedures for currently enrolled students. Please pay attention to due dates.
1. January 15: Complete the FAST online application for the 2017-2018 school year.
Applications must be completed in full by all custodial parents and received by January 15, 2017 to be considered in the first round of financial assistance decisions.
3. February 10: ***NEW for 2017-2018** Sign, Date and Submit your 2017-18 Student Enrollment Contract/Agreement. Student Enrollment Contracts are due no later than February 10. For families applying for Financial Assistance there is a reduced deposit required. If the financial assistance decision does not meet your family’s need you will be refunded the paid deposit.
4. Decisions: Financial Assistance will only be considered for a student when the 2017-18 Student Enrollment Agreement is received. Financial Assistance decisions will be mailed between February 1-February 28 for those applications received by January 15. All other applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
4. April 15, 2017 **** REQUIRED FOR ALL APPLICATIONS*****Submit 2016 tax returns for both state and federal taxes with all schedules and W-2’s no later than April 15, 2017* to:
ISM / F.A.S.T.
1316 North Union Street
Wilmington, DE 19806
*If the 2016 tax forms are not received by this date any financial assistance awarded may be rescinded.
Financial Assistance General Guidelines:
- Only one application is required per family and must include all siblings making application.
- Parents who are divorced, separated, or have never been married, must complete an application for each household, regardless of custodial arrangement.
- There is an expectation that when all children in an applicant household reach school age, both parents will be gainfully employed.
- The income and resources of both parents and/or stepparents is considered when determining the level of assistance.
- Applicants are encouraged to explain special circumstances in the area provided on the application in order to give the financial assistance committee a clear picture of a family’s financial situation.