Warren-Walker School is committed to providing a program that challenges students to progress in all areas of
growth and development. Academic excellence is a focus, balanced by emphasis on character and leadership development, social-emotional well-being, physical fitness, and experience in, and appreciation of, the arts.
Warren-Walker School is a WASC (Western Association of Schools and Colleges) accredited school, receiving the maximum term (6 years) each renewal year. The Mission Statement and Philosophy, along with the high expectations of the Curriculum Guide and our competent staff, are the foundations of our success. Expected Schoolwide Learning Results prioritize and synthesize our Mission, goals, and objectives. They are as follows:
Warren-Walker School Students Will Be:
Respectful and Responsible Citizens Who:
- Possess empathy and the ability to work well with others
- Are dependable and take responsibility for their own actions
- Demonstrate integrity and a commitment to moral values and community service.
- Independently produce quality work
- Are able to self-assess accurately, set personal goals, monitor progress, and be a model to others
- Believe in their self-worth and maintain a positive view of self
Successful Scholars Who:
- Demonstrate fluency in oral and written language
- Apply critical thinking and comprehension skills
- Consistently practice the transfer of cognitive skills to individual and/or varied learning experiences
- Communicate effectively
- Use numbers competently
- Demonstrate understanding of mathematical principles
- Apply problem solving strategies to real-life situations
- Approach mathematics confidently
- Incorporate technology for organizing, learning, and creating
- Integrate skill, knowledge, and creativity across the disciplines
- Are dedicated to a lifetime of multi-faceted learning
Self-Directed and Independent Thinkers Who:
- Gather and comprehend information and apply it to new situations
- Approach new situations willing to think, adjust, create, and find varied solutions
- Analyze data and experiences in order to synthesize parts into a new whole
- Clarify, organize, and express individual thoughts and ideas
- Express creativity through art, music, drama, etc.
- Evaluate information and experiences
- Formulate supported opinions
Warren-Walker School is dedicated to providing a well-rounded education in a nurturing and collaborative environment.
See Examples of our Schoolwide Learner Outcomes