Welcome to Warren-Walker School!
Warren-Walker School is a special place where children can achieve to their highest potentials and discover their own unique talents. As a mother of two, and like most parents, I want the best academically for my children. Understanding that this choice is an investment for their future, we are fortunate to be a part of Warren-Walker School.
The children at Warren-Walker School are loved, nurtured and held to high standards of character. They are part of a bigger family and respect and appreciate one another. As well as having a rigorous academic program, students are exposed to the arts, foreign language, technology, and athletics which makes school exciting and challenging every day.
I invite and encourage you to visit the school during one of our Open House dates or schedule a private tour to see our students, our faculty, and our community at work. Come see why Warren-Walker School has continued to grow and excel for 80 years!
Director of Admissions
Warren-Walker School has a rolling admissions policy under which applicants are welcome throughout the year; however, families are encouraged to complete the application and admissions requirements before February 1 in order to be considered in the first round of admission decisions. Our Admissions Committee reviews all completed applicant files and notifies the family of its decision.
1. Submit an Application to the school.
2. Schedule a Tour and Interview: After submitting your application, the Admissions office will call to schedule an appointment . A visit will include a guided tour of the campus and a personal interview with an admissions officer. Appointments are available Monday–Friday during the academic day.
3. Submit Teacher Recommendation & Transcript Request forms to child's current school (2nd- 8th only).
Student Visit & Evaluation:
- Prekindergarten - Jr. Kindergarten: A phone interview will be conducted by the Director of Admissions with a teacher/professional currently working with the applicant following the family tour/interview.
- Kindergarten: Applicants must be 5 years old by September 1st of the entering year. Applicants will attend a 2-hour small group evaluation held on a Saturday and includes prekindergarten activities.
- 1st - 5th Grade: Applicants will visit for a school day which will include admissions testing during the visit. The visit will be scheduled following the tour and interview.
- 6th - 8th Grade: Applicants will interview with the Director of Admissions and the Dean of the Middle School following a campus tour. Applicants are encouraged to schedule a shadow visit on most school days.
Testing (5th - 8th Grade):
Children applying to 5th through 8th grade are assessed using two tests. The Independent School Entrance Examination (ISEE) is given each Winter and Spring on several dates at sites throughout San Diego County. See the schedule and request information at www.iseetest.org. The Otis Lennon School Ability Test (OLSAT) is given at the Middle School during the scheduled tour and visit. You will receive registration information once an application is received.
Next ISEE Test Date at Warren-Walker Middle School: April 27th
Kindergarten -4th Grade: $175
5th-8th: $75 for OLSAT Testing ($95 testing fee for the ISEE testing paid directly to ISEE)