A Robust Tradition of Giving
At Warren-Walker School, we believe there is power in participation!
For many years, Warren-Walker School partnered with the San Diego Foundation to receive donations. In 2001, the daughter of Warren-Walker School’s founder, Ruth Walker Sweeney established “The Nellie Warren-Walker and Ruth Walker Sweeney Fund”, an endowment (established with the San Diego Foundation) to generate revenue for student scholarships. The generosity of our Warren-Walker community has helped maintain a $1.4 million dollar principle in this investment account.
In due time, as our fundraising efforts expanded, the Warren-Walker Annual Fund established three initiatives:
- Contributions to the “Gulls Teach!” Fund for Faculty Professional Growth & Development allow our WWS faculty to remain at the top of their profession as educational experts
- Contributions to the “Gulls Nest!” Fund for Tuition Assistance and Student Services help us meet the financial need of qualified students and families
- Contributions to the “Gulls Care!” Fund for Sustainability provide us with the flexibility to keep our facilities and educational program operating at optimum levels
And in 2023, we launched the “Gulls Fly Home!” Capital Campaign, an ambitious three-year, $500,000 initiative, the purpose of which is to make necessary facilities renovations and improvements on the Point Loma Avenue campus. Presently, all donations to Warren-Walker School's annual fund are made via the Warren-Walker Promise Foundation (a 501 (c)(3)) and are tax-deductible.
One-Time Donation: a lump sum donation of any amount makes an immediate impact
- Monthly Pledge: consider making a recurring monthly pledge to provide sustained support
- Matching Gift: will your employer match your gift? There is an easy way to find out when you make your personal contribution
- Stocks or Securities: have an immediate impact on our School while creating a favorable income tax deduction for you based on the assets’ current value
Depending on the financial needs of the School from year to year, we solicit contributions accordingly and we appreciate your participation. Your support of our annual fund efforts ensures that Warren-Walker School students continue to keep “Moving Forward”. Plan your gift and be a part of advancing our mission and the bright future of our students by clicking on the button below!