I am thrilled to be looking ahead into 2013 and seeing lots of enthusiasm for learning and growing, as is one of the benefits of being surrounded by children. Our students always manage to keep us moving forward by their very natures. They are eager to develop new skills, run faster, make new friends, overcome challenges. After all, they have already learned to walk and talk and use their imaginations, which in and of themselves are remarkable feats. They put their energy into focusing forward and growing up! This energy fosters curiosity, persistence, courage, creativity and other traits that drive success.
In welcoming a new class of prekindergarten students to the Point Loma campus today, I noted how quickly:
- they connected with their classmates and teacher - Mrs. Loftus
- they figured out where to find the new toys
- they manipulated them to make them work or build something anew
- they listened to and followed directions
- they played wholeheartedly on the playground
- and how they slept soundly at naptime, because they wore themselves out!
I think the lesson in all this for adults is...focus forward!
Monday January, 7, 2013 at 04:09PM
Choose groups to clone to: